Women On The Water at St Augustine Sailing
Women On The Water!
St Augustine Sailing’s WOW! program (aka Women on the Water) is designed to enrich women’s lives through sailing experiences. WOW provides an avenue in which women of all ages and income levels can:
- develop and polish their sailing skills,
- to sail with confidence,
- and enjoy the adventure and peace of mind that one experiences while under sail.
Everyone’s sailing goals are not the same, and this program will provide a pathway to reach your goals through positive and mutual support. St Augustine Sailing School is an ASA (American Sailing Association) School where thousands of students have learned to sail. As a women majority owned business, the WOW! program will provide ASA sailing instruction for women by women.
As a woman sailor myself and someone who often lacks confidence in my own abilities, I would like to encourage women of all ages to join us in this effort to develop our skills so we can sail with confidence! It is a journey…. but one we all can take together!.
Please let us know if you would like to participate in our monthly POW-WOW’s (Plan, Orchestrate & Work for Women on the Water) where we will brainstorm ideas for our workshops and social events.
Our Mission Statement
To enhance the lives of women through education, practical application and access to sailing vessels to develop skills to sail with confidence.
- Support women who sail or want to learn to sail through social events;
- Aim to organize educational sailing workshops geared toward developing confidence;
- Involve women of all ages; and
- Life experiences that bring a bit of adventure through sailing.